The company was founded by the Campbell family in Burbank, Calif., building fiberglass over wood boats in the 17- to 40-foot range. Bob and Billy Campbell moved the facility to Lake Havasu City, Ariz., in 1970 and sold the business to Bob and Judy Whelan in 1973. The Whelans added a 22-foot and 28-foot model to the 20, 24 and 32-foot line of fiberglass boats custom-built under the Campbell name. Campbell Boats is a manufacturing facility and staffs personnel to provide woodworking, upholstery, top and cover construction, detailing and electrical, mechanical and fiberglass repair.
The 22 foot Catalina Weekend Cruiser, introduced in 1953, later evolved into the 24 foot Cuddy Cabin, Campbell’s most popular model.
Bob and Billy Campbell moved the facility to Lake Havasu City in 1970
The business was sold to Bob and Judy Whelan in 1973