Campbell Boat Owners
Campbell Boat History
The company was founded by the Campbell Brothers in Burbank, California, building
fiberglass over wood boats in the 17 to 40 foot range.
The 22 foot Catalina Weekend Cruiser, introduced in 1953, later evolved
into the 24 foot Cuddy Cabin, Campbell's most popular model.
Bob and Billy Campbell moved the facility to Lake Havasu City in 1970
The business was sold to Bob and Judy Whelan in 1973.
The Whelans added a 22 foot and 28 foot model to the 20, 24 and 32 foot
line of all-fiberglass boats custom built under the Campbell name.
The company has built boat since 1953. The boats were tracked in a log
book by the Campbell brothers and also Bob Whelan. Here is a spreadsheet of
all the Campbell that were built by the Campbell company.
Click Here! The company had
financial difficulties in the 80's and filed for bankruptcy. At that time
the molds were purchased and built under a few different manufacturers,
notably Beismeyer and Ralph Tito, until the molds were bought back by
Campbell in the late 80's to resume manufacturing.
Over the years, about 900 Campbell boats were built and the owners keep
in close touch, with several get-togethers throughout the year, that have become
traditional annual events ranging from
4 wheel drive excursions in fall and winter
Klaus' Klambake in February
The Spring round-up in May
The Campbell Regatta in September
Today, the Campbell boat still stands out
on the water. Everyone recognizes the boats for the tradition and styling that has
made it popular with its owners.